Storms are never good news. In addition to causing damage to your property, they can also lead to power outages in your area. When the power comes back on but your air conditioner remains inoperable, there’s a set of instructions you can easily follow to restart the system. Here the premier heating repair company in the area, M & M Heating & Air Conditioning Service Co. offers a short, step-by-step guide:
1. Switch off your AC system via the thermostat. Just like with a laptop, you’ll need to shut down your air conditioner before you can reset it. You can simply turn it off via your thermostat; just look for the system switch on that device and push it to the OFF position.
2. Turn off the air conditioner at the circuit breaker. After turning the AC off using the thermostat, you’ll need to do it again, but at the circuit breaker this time. Find the switch for your central heating and air conditioning system at the circuit breaker and switch it OFF.
3. Go back to the circuit breaker. Once you’ve fully shut down your air conditioning system, it’s time to turn it back on. Return to the circuit breaker and flip the AC switch back to the ON position.
4. Wait for half an hour. After you’ve turned the system back on, it will take a bit of time for the air conditioner’s internal circuitry to reset. It usually takes about 30 minutes, so sit tight until then.
5. Switch on the AC system at the thermostat. Once half an hour has passed, go back to the thermostat and turn your air conditioner back on. If it resets successfully, this usually means your air conditioning system didn’t suffer any damage due to the power outage. If it still won’t start, you might want to call a trusted local furnace and air conditioning company like M & M Heating & Air Conditioning Service Co. for a thorough inspection and potential repair work.
Look no further than M & M Heating & Air Conditioning Service Co. for the highest quality HVAC solutions. We proudly serve Stockton, CA, and the nearby areas. Call us today at (209) 952-6580 or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation.